First Year Checklist
Here are a list of things you should do before your arrival to Siena Heights University in August.
- Read the Common Read, My Orange Duffel Bag: A Journey to Radical Change.
- Complete the Summer Journaling Assignment for the annual Dinner & Book Discussion during Welcome Week.
- You may decide to submit a short (optional) essay that explores a more in-depth look into the Common Reading. If so, check out the instructions on the Common Read Essay Contest for a chance to win $50 to the University Bookstore.
- If you will be living on campus, connect with your roommate and create a plan for what you will bring for your room.
- Check out the Residence Life website for FAQ’s
- Visit the Bookstore to buy SHU Swag and books for your classes
- Finalize your Financial Aid.
- Make your first tuition payment.
- Connect with your Peer Mentor and get to know them before arriving (they will contact you via phone, email and/or Facebook).
- If you are moving to campus as a resident, you will arrive on Wednesday, August 24
- Attend our 5 day-interactive Welcome Week beginning on Wednesday, Aug 24 through Sunday, Aug 28